Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review of last leg of Big Trip

Here%26#39;s the first part of our recent stay in NYC covering 26th and 27th September. Please excuse any selling errors, I%26#39;m not exactly sure what time zone I%26#39;m in yet.





26.9.06



Arrived at LGA bang on time at 6 pm from Denver. Luggage was off really quickly and we were in the apartment by just before 7pm. The driver of the taxi couldn鈥檛 understand me, I couldn鈥檛 understand him. It was a meeting of minds鈥t one point I was about to drive myself as he didn鈥檛 seem to know how to get there. After unpacking and a wash and brush up, off to Pappardella on Columbus and 75th to meet Bettina and another friend(who ingratiated himself even further by giving both B and myself a red rose鈥 am SO easy!) Had a really lovely meal ( I was so excited to be here that I forget what I ordered. I think B and I shared 2 dishes, but that may be my imagination). The waiter was very pleasant and didn鈥檛 rush us as we chatted for quite a while before ordering. Back home by midnight, tired鈥?/p>




27.9.06





Up early as this was our Philly day. Met B at Penn Station and bought the return tickets to Trenton ($19.50) . Bought ticket for Philly at Trenton on the platform ($7 and it wouldn鈥檛 let us buy returns). These are bargain prices considering the length of the journey. Enjoyed a great day sightseeing. Toured Independence Hall . The tour guide was a fully paid up member of No Charisma Inc. and actually gave us a great laugh unintentionally. Found an old fashioned carousel at a children鈥檚 playground and had to have a ride. Not a pretty sight to behold as I clambered on the back of a tall elephant whilst wearing a skirt. Young chap behind may well have got more than he bargained for. We had a table booked at Django on 4th Street. $30 for a 3 course meal, with which they also served a fabulous amuse bouche and gorgeous bread baked in a plant pot! This is a BYOB ( as are a few Philly places I was told) so the off license 2 doors down came in handy. A lovely stroll through fabulous streets finished the day off. Got trains back arriving at Penn just after 11pm. Knackered



Review of last leg of Big Trip


omg I can%26#39;t believe you started this already - now I%26#39;m gonna be under pressure to do mine!!



Review of last leg of Big Trip


Aw fab. Sounds brilliant so far. Keep it coming - I%26#39;ve been looking forward to this!





And no pressure Lou but I%26#39;m gonna need something to read once daisiegee is done.......




The tour guide was a fully paid up member of No Charisma Inc. and actually gave us a great laugh unintentionally.





This gave me a laugh intentionally!




Karen glad to see you back onboard! BTW how long was the journey to Philly.





Lou welcome back!!! Really looking forward to all the stories.




';selling errors'; LOL




Ken, I didn%26#39;t even catch the ';selling error'; -- too funny!





Daisiegee, I seem to remember that we split some dishes, too, but not specifically what they were. Another brain cell gone. Oh well. I%26#39;ll have another cosmo and then it won%26#39;t matter that my memory%26#39;s gone!





Lou, I was trying to finish up early yesterday so I could pop in on you guys at Carmine%26#39;s, but there wasn%26#39;t enough time. Now that DG%26#39;s putting the pressure on, I%26#39;ll look forward to your report as well.





I miss you all!




Nets...the journey was about 1 and 3/4 hours if I remember.




Some how i thought it would take longer, not too far for a day trip.






Ooooh, lovely to see you home :-)



And you%26#39;re writing trip-reports already? Impressive!



I wish you%26#39;d commandeered that taxi: what a brilliant mental image!



Your day-trip to Philly sounded a great success, pot-plant bread and all :-)



Thanks Daisie.




What a marvelous trip you had - and already you are posting your report. Do you ever sleep? Or just sit back and relax? You must take some sort of mega mega vitamin every morning! I%26#39;m utterly amazed. And giggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment