Thursday, April 26, 2012

had to cancel my NYC trip at the last minute :-(

Hi guys





Right now I should be checking in for my flight to New York, but unfortunately my husband has been admitted to hospital here in the UK with suspected malaria (he works in West Africa), although they are 99% certain he doesn%26#39;t have it, he is very ill though.





So no NYC trip for us just now. Have managed to cancel the hotel without losing any money though.





Hoping we will be able to re-book soon. I just wanted to say thanks to those who have offered me good advice, and hopefully I will be able to use it soon - just not as soon as we%26#39;d hoped :-(





Sharon



had to cancel my NYC trip at the last minute :-(


Hi Sharon - So sorry to hear that your hubby is ill and wish him a speedy full recovery. Dont think of this as a cancellation but an opportunity to make more plans for a trip that now will be even more fantastic than it would have been Elaine



had to cancel my NYC trip at the last minute :-(


Everything that Elaine said and hope he gets well soon



:o)




Hope your husband has a very speedy recovery



Pity about your trip to NY - next time :-)




Thanks so much guys. My husband is a bit better and his first malaria test has come back clear, so that%26#39;s a relief. Managed to unpack without too many tears too!





Will be hopefully rescheduling our trip for Spring, looking forward to it already!





Sharon




On Sharon, soooo sorry to hear this news. Hope he makes a quick recovery.




Hi Sharon



Sorry about your news and I hope all is well soon. Dont worry,you will be there before you know it and it will be worth the wait!!





Get well soon Mr Sharon!!!



Annie










Please tell your husband that he%26#39;s getting lots of good thoughts sent his way for a full and speedy recovery.




Know just how you feel - we had planned to be in New York next week, but my other half had a mild heart attack a few weeks ago, and the doctors have ruled out transatlantic flights out for a few months.





Thankfully, he%26#39;s making good progress, so I%26#39;m cheering myself up by making plans for next year....and tuning into this forum regularly!





Really hope your husband gets better quickly - maybe we%26#39;ll even make it to NY at the same time! Lots of good wishes to you both.




Also wishing him a speedy recovery, and don%26#39;t worry, NY will be still be here, his feeling better is more important.





Now, you can start your planning all over again.




Thanks to everyone for your messages of support. My husband was discharged from hospital today, he doesn%26#39;t have malaria thankfully, they think it%26#39;s just been a bad case of gastro-enteritis (he will get specific test results back on Monday).





Rocksider, I hope your husband continues to make good progress too. We will enjoy NYC all the more when we do make it there!!





Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment