Friday, April 27, 2012

Is there anywhere that.......

Hey Folks,





I am looking at taking my girlfriend to NYC for her birthday but i%26#39;m on a real tight budget - after the cost of my flights from the UK I am stuggling to find accomadation that I can afford.





Can anyone please advise me of somewhere that is clean and cheap but still in an area for all the sights etc. When I say cheap, I mean something for under 拢100 per night - from what I can find, everything is between 拢130 and 拢150 per night. I dont see the point in spending all that money when we are more than likely going to be out every morning by 9am and then maybe popping back for a quick shower and then out again for the night. We wont be spending any time at all at the hotel.





I really do appreciate all replies.





Cheers



Is there anywhere that.......


Prices vary a lot depending on when you%26#39;re coming - what are your dates?



Is there anywhere that.......


Sorry, I should have mentioned the dates......we arrive on 15th February and leave on 20th February, so we are looking for 5 nights.





Thanks again




Aw its cheap as chips then!





Have you got a particular area in mind? Do you want to be in the middle of Times Square with the lights and the crowds? Or do you want to be in a neighbourhood like the village or upper west side?





If you%26#39;re on a budget while you%26#39;re here too you%26#39;ll probably be better off in a neighbourhood as you%26#39;ll be paying tourist prices for drinks %26amp; food in a touristy area.




Try these





Hotel Newton 鈥?Upper West Side





http://www.thehotelnewton.com/







Second Home on Second Avenue 鈥?Near Union Square





http://secondhomesecondavenue.com







Comfort Inn Chelsea





choicehotels.com/ires/en-GB/html/HotelInfo鈥?/a>







Hotel Belleclaire 鈥?UWS again





http://www.hotelbelleclaire.com/specials.html







The Salisbury 鈥?Midtown





I鈥檓 getting that cheap on hotels.com 鈥?not their website.







Have a browse through a website like hotels.com or expedia and cross reference with the reviews section on here. If you see any you like the look of google their name and try contacting them directly for cheaper rates.




Thanks Ange - that is great. I%26#39;ll have a look at them and see what I can find.





Cheers




And, since there%26#39;s just the two of you, I%26#39;d recommend you try priceline.com -- just be sure to read through the advice on betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com.





Hi Ange!!!! Hope you had a grand time in London. I%26#39;m sure Callum loved every minute.




Hey Bettina!!!





We all had a fab time - Callum is stll talking about it to anyone that will listen!





I posted a trip report with pics on the London forum.





http://tinyurl.com/h48r7





How was Evita?




I would book something that%26#39;s cancellable and try Priceline as Bettina suggests. Travelzoo.com also often has good specials closer to the date.





Radio City apartments would also work.




Great report, and most of your photos are excellent, except that tired looking woman near the end.... who could that be?!?





I%26#39;m so glad we got to spend some time together. Even though the place was expensive for a neighborhood restaurant, I agree that the food was really good.





The best, though, was finally getting to meet Callum, who might think he%26#39;s shy but is really a charmer, and of course the gorgeous Isabelle. You both are so lucky, but then you already know that.





Evita was excellent, very different from the original, which I%26#39;d guess I must have seen a few dozen times at least. I couldn%26#39;t believe, though, that the theater was about 20% empty. That%26#39;s really shocking for such an amazing show, especially considering that Wicked is constantly sold out. I don%26#39;t get it at all.





See you in March!





By the way, l love that the word ';schlep'; is now a permanent part of your vocabulary. You really are a New Yorker at heart!




Hehe!





Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment