Monday, April 23, 2012

itinerary results and suggested changes for wedesday Please

Hi Everyone, My friend and I leave Wednesday Oct 11th

I have put together an itinerary based on so much advice form this site (thank you everyone!!!)

Any errors are my own :)

I will be printing this itinerary to take with me, so I have put in someof my own notes. But Wonder what you all think and if my plan of action will work or am I more confused than I thought?

Any suggestions for corrections or additions is soooooo welcome.

I especially dont know much about the subway connections to get to each point and also we like to walk so of course we will do a lot of that.

This is our first time.

Myself and another 40%26#39;s mom are going. We so need a fun get away and dont know when we will be able to escape again.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Wednesday: 4:00PM

Check into NOVOTEL HOTEL (TIMES SQUARE)

Check out TIMES SQUARE

Go to ROCKEFELLER CENTER, Check out TODAY SHOW studio, and than go to TOP OF THE ROCK 8:00am -midnight

If no one is passing out coupons, Mention at desk, they typically honor them anyway

Get a bite to eat (avoid Times Square food)

considering 42ND EATERY, between MADISON AND FIFTH

Get ready for WICKED starts AT 8:00pm

GERSHWIN THEATER(52ND TO BROADWAY turn right, BROADWAY TO 51ST, turn right.)

THURSDAY:

STATEN ISLAND FERRY to see STATUE (bus #1 or #9)

Head Downtown:

Go to GROUND ZERO and ST. PAULS

Maybe walk across the BROOKLYN BRIDGE?

TAKE #1, 2 OR 3 TO14TH STREET/7TH AVENUE.

Use the 12TH STREET exit and walk WEST baout a block.

I think we turn right on GREENWICH and than left on BANK STREET to get to LIPS

Have early dinner GREENWICH VILLAGE (suggestions?)

LIPS: 7:30pm reservations (CANT BE LATE!) must call by 3:00 to confirm 1(212)675 7710

FRIDAY:

METROPOLITAN MUSUEM

CENTRAL PARK (rent bikes) (call ahead 1 917 371 6267)

(Where to go in Park for Bikes and Boathouse Lunch)

BOATHOUSE for lunch(do I need reservations?)

Other suggested site to see in or around CENTRAL PARK?

DINNER SOMEWHERE? (any suggestions)

COMEDY SHOW (cant decide which one, any suggestions?

Do I need to reserve now or can I wait until we get there?)

itinerary results and suggested changes for wedesday Please

You know, I%26#39;m having the same problem!!! I%26#39;m leaving October 12th for new york (my first time!). It%26#39;s hard to know where and when to see all the sites and go to all the restaurants. I think I%26#39;ve decided I%26#39;m going to have a rough idea each day where I%26#39;m going to go and try to visit places based on the geography of the areas. It%26#39;s tough though, because you want to get a sense of the real New York and you don%26#39;t want to miss out on anything.

I%26#39;m pretty jealous though! You%26#39;re going to Wicked! I%26#39;m visiting my friend in NYC and between the two of us we couldn%26#39;t decide dates and times of shows to go see. I%26#39;ve heard a lot about Wicked, though, and I would have loved to have seen it...I think the tickets are pretty much sold out now...sniff!

By the way, how long are you going for?

itinerary results and suggested changes for wedesday Please

Persianprincess

I just got our tickets yesterday(Sunday). I looked at broadwaybox.com (per the awesome advice of several helpful people on this site.

Yes, the show is sold out. But this site offers tickets from merchants who want to sell thier tickets.

I looked over all the tickets offerred, and found two in the mezzanine, center, 2nd row.

Just look up that website. It truly depends o how much you want to pay.

We are in New York Wednesday until Saturday afternoon.

Have a great tme!


Everyone, My biggest question is:

Do I have my itinerary based on geography?

I want to be sure I have sites grouped together properly and timely, So we see everything without back tracking.

I thought it would be a good idea to walk the Brooklyn bridge after we see ST. PAULS. and on our way to Lips on Bank Street.

Is this a good way to plan? I am unsure how to get to Bridge after leaving St. Pauls.

Anyway, any and all advice and itinerary changes or addtions are welcome.

THANK YOU

  • fashion makeup
  • blue hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment