Thursday, April 26, 2012

3rd part of trip.

30.9.06





Today was group brunch with Lou, Steve, Bettina, Weller and Mr Weller. Met at Telepan for 11.00 reservation. Nice place with quite an unusual ( for me) menu. I had House Smoked Brook Trout and then Fallen Pancakes Souffle. Both were delicious but I couldn鈥檛 eat all the Fallen Pancakes as they were very sweet and filling. It was great meeting Weller and her husband, they are a delightful couple. After a couple of hours chatting, we all went our separate ways with plans to meet up at 7.30 that evening at Gramercy Tavern. Had a nice relaxing day just wandering the neighbourhood and resting up for our big night out. 7.30 found us outside Gramercy Tavern with the news that they wouldn鈥檛 allow all 6 of us to sit at the bar so we headed along the street to Punch .I had a Ginger Cosmopolitan which was very tasty followed by something orange and alcoholic. This was followed by a trip to Taj which is a very cool place. As for what I had to drink, that鈥檚 a mystery. I have to say that by this time the feeling was disappearing in my legs between my knees and ankles. St Weller Of Maryland is an icon. She is a medical marvel. How does that woman remain on her feet? Next to Cibar. Can鈥檛 remember getting there, can only remember desperately needing the bathroom and praying it was around every corner. Bathroom trip over, I ordered the necessary Suffering Ba$tards and marvelled at how they are made. At this stage of the game, any common sense I ever possessed had long since flown the coop and my dance routine to Roxy Music had to be seen to be believed. We finished the night off in the bar at the W Hotel in Union Sq. Again, I honestly can鈥檛 remember getting to the place and so in the interests of public safety and my family鈥檚 standing in the community, I took to water. The trip to the bathroom by David and Weller will go down in history. At the end of the night pizza sounded like a canny idea so off we all trecked and I managed one single bite I felt so rough. We all said our goodbyes. I got home. I don鈥檛 know how. I have only been able to report the names of the bars other than the Gramercy Tavern and the W due to Lou and Steve reminding me the next morning鈥?.the shame of it



3rd part of trip.


This is too funny!!!





\ _ /



l %26lt;---supposed to be a cocktail glass





3rd part of trip.


\_/



l




..forget it!





Great report Daisie!




Thanks Voy, you%26#39;ve given me a laugh !




Oh Karen what a scream,!!!! Maybe they have some secret ingredient in the water, in Maryland. The lady is a marvel. Cannot wait to see the pictures.





BTW have you seen ';your Brian'; in the M%26amp;S ad%26#39;s




No I haven%26#39;t---- TV or newspaper?




In the papers %26amp; Giant posters in M%26amp;S stores...you are in for a treat!!




Just checked the website and there he is in all his gorgeousness. Yum Yum Yum




Amazing! And you continued from there ... were that me, I%26#39;d have had to spend the remainder of the trip in my hotel room, in my bed with much help from aspirin!



Utterly amazing!



Am enjoying reading it all though.






Daisiegee: you%26#39;re wild!


  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment