Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Radio City Christmas Spectacular - is it sold out?

I%26#39;ve tried purchasing tickets on the Radio City Site but the site is saying that the event is no longer registered on the site?!



I%26#39;m looking to go between the 9th - 16th November





Any suggestions please?



Radio City Christmas Spectacular - is it sold out?


When you say ';the site'; what site do you mean? Did yoo check the main site, radiocity.com? The Christmas Spectacular is listed there.





My date was sold out and I had to buy from an online ticket broker (at a hefty mark-up). Not recommended from a value standpoint, but I have the tickets in hand and they are for good seats...





Here are my trials and tribulations:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k794170-鈥?/a>



Radio City Christmas Spectacular - is it sold out?


Discounted tix are available for those dates at broadwaybox.com :-)




Yep the Radio City site





I%26#39;ll check over your thread thanks for posting :-)




Thanks CockleCove - that link brought me to another site TicketsBox USA





Are the orchestra seats any good do you know?



They are offering two in row A for $85 each plus service fee plus fed ex to Australia




Another question for those in the know!





There are some tickets available on the ticket master site, however they do not send tickets to Australia - they have %26#39; Will Call%26#39; I assume there is no time limit between when you pay for ticket and when you can pick them up in person??





In other words is this a reliable way to get your tickets




I have no idea why you%26#39;re getting such different web site responses than I am, gottogo -- perhaps because you%26#39;re in Australia?





(1) radiocity.com is showing availability to me for all the dates you will be here;





(2) when I click onto the Click Here link on broadwaybox.com in the box for the Save10 discount code, that takes me to radiocity.com%26#39;s web site. Clicking onto one of your dates takes me to the first ticket order page which, altho%26#39; the page text itself is labeled Radio City Music Hall with Ticketmaster, bears a Ticketmaster URL.





(3) Using the 4th, little drop-down menu on that page -- to order Promotions and Special Order tickets -- and then entering the Save10 code gives me tickets in e.g., center rear orchestra for $49.





For some odd reason, it does appear that Ticketmaster allows only US customers the option to print off tickets on your home computer, and that the only mode of ticket delivery for those of you who live outside North American is to pick them up at Radio City Music Hall%26#39;s ';will call'; window.





I myself have never had any problem with ';will call'; window pick-ups at any other theatre, and I%26#39;ve never heard of anyone else who arrived for some performance %26amp; was told the theatre had no record of their purchase. But, of course, you%26#39;ll want print out the confirmation page or e-mail page which accompanies an online purchase -- and make sure you have ID and the same credit card with you as was used to buy the tickets. That%26#39;s their way of ensuring that the person picking up the tix is the person who purchased them.




That $49 deal is EXCELLENT and I would grab it! I have attended numerous shows at Radio City Music Hall. I%26#39;ve sitten almost anywhere you can sit.





Here is a link to the setaing chart, click on the chart to the left. You can actually enter the row and section to see what the view is like from the seats.





http://www.radiocity.com/seating.html#





There is orchestra (floor level) first, second and third mezzanine.





Orchestra-- ANY seat is fine, but the ones really up close, i.e. row AA are too close I think. Row A (which is NOT the front row) would be further back and very good. I have had tickets in the very last row orchestra with two kids in tow and the seats were excellent. Do not hesitate on any orchestra seats.





Mezzanine 1--I%26#39;ve sat in the front center and middle side. Can recommend both no problem.





Mezzanine 2-Can%26#39;t remember where we sat, I think on one side. It was high but could see fine.





Mezzanine 3-High, can still see. Not my favorite, but not horrendous. I personally would not want the back mezzanine row or sides though.





I find the RC Box office highly reputable. Use a credit card! I showed up once without our tickets. I lost them who knows where... I went to the Will Call line and they looked them up for me from the credit card trail and no problem we were in. Whew.




Big Thanks to you both for your help :-)





I got the save10 discounted tickets for orchestra row w seats 401 and 402 for $49 each.



The same tickets were being sold for $70 each without the broadwaybox discount!





It%26#39;s great we can pick the tickets up as it saves the usual $40 fed ex to Australia charge




Wow, I believe those are the exact same seats I had once (and a few more in that same row). You can see very clearly. Enjoy and please report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment