Friday, March 30, 2012

Hotel Edison or Radio City Apartments???

My mother and I are going to NYC for christmas. Which hotel is nicer? I am looking for traditional %26#39;new york style%26#39;

thanks heaps

Hotel Edison or Radio City Apartments???

Check the reviews on this site, a lot of people on this forum have stayed at Radio City Appartments so I think it rates much better than the Edison.

Hotel Edison or Radio City Apartments???

Have stayed at both - totally different accommodations. Edison Hotel is steps from Times Square, rooms are very small, there are doormen, tour booths and a restaurant. Radio City Apartments is in a quieter area, has larger rooms, has full kitchen facilities, no doormen, tour booths or restaurant on site. I prefer RCA but that%26#39;s just me.

The problem, I think you will have, is that they are both probably fully booked already for Christmas. RCA is very popular and many people book nearly a year in advance just to ensure that they have a room. Edison is in a lot of Australian brochures and is fairly popular with the Aussie traveller.

Have a wonderful time in a wonderous city.

Helen in Aus

239


I don%26#39;t think either of these hotels would be what I%26#39;d call a traditional NY style hotel (I%26#39;m not sure what that is, but these ain%26#39;t it ;)

The Intercontinental Barclay and the Warwick are what I%26#39;d consider more traditional NY hotels and both are very nice. Of the 2 you mention, I%26#39;d pick Radio City for the kitchens and extra space. But there are nicer places with apts. like any of the Affinia.com hotels.


I stayed in the Edison at the end of last year and wasnt too impressed by the cleanliness of my room...but the location was amazing!!


Allow me to add my 2 cents, we have booked the RCA%26#39;s for next September, it was purely based on the fact we could get a 2 bedroom suite and the price was amazing

  • howtodealwithlongdistancerelati
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment