Friday, April 27, 2012

Best Chinese Resturant in Manhatton?

Hi

Looking for recommendations for a Good Chinese Resturant in Manhatton.

Are they in Chinatown or are there any great ones outside of Chinatown.

Recently visited San Francisco and went to a fantastic one there at a great price too!!

Thanks in advance.

Best Chinese Resturant in Manhatton?

My favorite Chinese restaurant is Mama Buddha on Hudson and 11th Street. Very fresh, Very inexpensive.

Personally I avoid China Town at all costs.

Best Chinese Resturant in Manhatton?

sasharoon, I thought I was the only one not crazy about Chinatown. ;) Southpaw, there are many who like it down there, especially for dim sum.

Some favorites of mine:

Shun Lee Palace (pricey, upscale but very good)

Our Place (a bit less pricey and very good)

Peking Duck House

If you like Cantonese, Phoenix Garden is a neighborhood place on east 40 st. that%26#39;s byob (bring your own booze) with good food and gentle prices.

These are all midtown.


I had this recommended to me before our last visit but didn%26#39;t get around to trying it (although its top of my list of eats for the next trip)

Ten Pell, at number 10 Pell Street down in Chinatown. Apparently authentic chinese food %26amp; you%26#39;ll get a lot of local chinese eating there

I%26#39;m prepared to be proved wrong by the locals but if not - I%26#39;ll be there next time!


Whiz,

a date took me somewhere in CT several years ago and there was a roach walking across one of the tables. I posted recently about the roach that crawled off the wall onto my neck at Le Zie once and I never went back. It%26#39;s the same with CT, except I held it against the whole area.

I just always picture it as being very dirty in CT. I hate going to that area of the city, and there are so many good Chinese restaurants in the city I never see the need.


Grand Sichuan International is one of the best ones in Manhattan, but the dishes vary by location. The menu is so authentic there%26#39;s a 60 page explanation book if you care to get more info on the dishes. There%26#39;s one in Chinatown, on 2nd Ave at 55th, 9th Ave at 24th, 35th and Lex? or Madison.

In Chinatown, I love NY Noodletown on the corner of Bayard at Bowery. Dingy looking - excellent food. Also, if you want to try bahn mi sandwiches, they%26#39;re all over Chinatown... My favorite is the ';French Sandwich'; at Century Cafe on Bowery by Grand. The Grand Sichuan in Chinatown is excellent, and very cheap.


Me and my husband recently ate at a restraunt right in midtown manhattan. I cannot remember the exact cross streets but we stayed at 49th and lexington kand the chinese place was close by. I think it was Mee something. We had dinner for $14. Each had a bowl of hot ans sour soup, shared a huge portion of muchu pork (sp), eggroll and 2 drinks. Very good indeed.


Two nice places:

Congee Village Restaurant %26amp; Bar, 100 Allen Street.

Chinatown Brasserie, 380 Lafayette Street. I haven%26#39;t been here yet, it%26#39;s new. So far, everyone I know who has been liked it very much.


Here%26#39;s another idea - if you go to menupages.com you can choose your cuisine, then sort the results by star rating.

Obviously, pay attention to how many people have posted reviews for each restaurant because that will affect it, but its nice to be able to browse by neighbourhood and get a look at the menu for each place.


Whiz i have just been looking at reviews for Our Place, wonderful reviews it gets. I have never been to a byob resturant in NYC . Can you tell me the rules of thumb.

Thanks

nets


Nets, places that are byob don%26#39;t have a liquor license so they allow customers to bring their own. Most people bring a bottle (or more) of wine, the restaurant uncorks it and gives you wine glasses. It sure decreases the cost of the bill by a LOT. Here%26#39;s a list of those places from NY Mag. The Phoenix Garden is listed under midtown east.

nymag.com/nightlife/鈥idtown_east

  • Name for a new kitten
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment