Friday, April 27, 2012

Celebrity Jeopardy

Just wondering if anyone who had applied for tickets to the October tapings at Radio City had heard anything back yet. The deadline for ticket applications was August 28 and I haven%26#39;t heard bupkis since.





Thanks.



Celebrity Jeopardy


Thought I%26#39;d throw this one out again--the taping are only two weeks away and no sign of tickets.





Has anyone heard anything?



Celebrity Jeopardy


Have you been in contact with the production company, or whoever you sent your request to?




I haven%26#39;t heard back either. Although it is possible my request arrived too late, I think I sent it out the last possible day.




No I didn%26#39;t, although I did check the message board on the Jeopardy website and a couple people have gotten theirs within the past few days. A weekend in the city hangs in the balance...and hotels ain%26#39;t getting any cheaper.





Bettina--trying again for Millionaire on the 26th--taking the movie test and if I don%26#39;t pass that, I will not be held responsible for my actions:)




Why would you not make a hotel reservation you could cancel, and then do it if you need to? Or go anyway?




Excellent point. I would have but I%26#39;ll be going with a friend to whom the Celebrity Jeopardy is an all or nothing thing. If we get tickets, a weekend is born--if not, we don%26#39;t go. You have to understand him to understand this--he%26#39;s not a huge NYC fan, whereas I%26#39;d live there if I could.





I am keeping my eye on Quikbook and TravelZoo, among other sites. October%26#39;s expensive anyway, but I also honestly though we would have heard something, positive or negative, by now.




I%26#39;m still not sure why you don%26#39;t make a cancellable hotel reservation now while you%26#39;re waiting to hear.




That would make sense, wouldn%26#39;t it. I%26#39;m looking into it, but it cracks me up at this time of year that the budget hotels are as bad as the nicer ones. The Carlton on Madison, which is gorgeous, is currently running a $289 special on a full bed room, while the run-of-the-mill LaQuinta on W 32nd is $339 for the same time frame.





Will tentatively book one or two--the last two times I booked the Red Roof the price dropped by 1/3 between reservation and travel time. Guess I%26#39;m hoping for that again. We are working on something resembling a budget here.




Ended up booking the Holiday Inn Wall Street for $190 for a two single-bed room...since the cheapest room I saw last week was $255, I consider this a deal....and it%26#39;s cancellable up until the day before.





Still haven%26#39;t seen any sign of Jeopardy tickets and there%26#39;s really no place on the Jeopardy website (that I can see) to inquire.




Last go-round on this one...





Did anyone on here get their tickets. Mine never arrived, which means they either got lost in the mail or they hit their limit REALLY fast.





Oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment