Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stage Deli

I read ages ago that it had been closed due to hygene reasons (ew - i used to eat there !!)





Any update ?? Will it reopen ?? (or is it a Starbucks yet ??)



Stage Deli


Ooooh I didn%26#39;t hear that! I really enjoyed my pastrami from there.... updates anyone?



Stage Deli


The story came through about a week after I got home in May





Actually the last meal I had in New york was at the Stage Deli (before I got ill and couldn%26#39;t leave the hotel room - OK I think I%26#39;ve made a big enough point of that now)




The Stage Deli is not closed. They are still operating on 7th Ave.




They were surposed to fix a bunch of health issues before reopening but didn%26#39;t and got caught by the health dept and were forced to close down for a day or two where they fixed the problems.



The issues made me not want to go...;(




My personal experience - terrible, don%26#39;t go there.





It was always dirty, nothing new here, and the food was not good, either.




By far, not my favorite deli.




The thing is even it re-opened and was spotless why would anybody go there anymore ??





Everybody knows it was closed for hygene reasons so the name is surely tainted





When we go back next September (35th birthday - Radio City Apartments) we%26#39;ll definitely be looking elsewhere for dinners





We tried the Cafe Europa last time and it was really good




The Stage was closed around June 1. It reopened shortly thereafter. Following is an excerpt from the Health Department website





The health department%26#39;s web site reveals several violations after an inspection, citing evidence of mice in food areas, the need to have the facility vermin proof, missing signs, evidence of flying insects and plumbing not properly installed or maintained.




';The health department%26#39;s web site reveals several violations after an inspection, citing evidence of mice in food areas, the need to have the facility vermin proof, missing signs, evidence of flying insects and plumbing not properly installed or maintained.';





Anybody going ';ew'; right now





I think I need a shower actually




I would be willing to make a small wager that if we visited the kitchens of most of the restos we like, we probably wouldnt go back there again.





In NYC you can look up resto violations. Even my faves have had minor violations. It be plumbing, food storage . I am always happy when I find that a resto has had no violations within the past year. The well knowns restos in NYC do have violations......but



But keep in mind a city NEVER had enough inspectors and (IMHO) each resto does not get inspected every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment