Monday, April 23, 2012

Shopping tips for my 3 teenage daughters!!

Hi,

I%26#39;m bringing my 3 daughters (ages 13/15/20) to New York on 27th December for ten days. Just wondering if anyone has any shopping tips, needless to say the three of them are mad shopaholics! Just wanting a bit of advice where to go for bargins, from comestics to clothes to jewellery to shoes, they want the lot!! We are staying in the Marriott Marquis, so quite central (I think!). My daughters friend mentioned Canal Street, so any views on there? Also are there any outlets near by ,and if so, are they worth going to? One more thing....any advice about celebrating New Year in New York?

Thanks a million

Shopping tips for my 3 teenage daughters!!

This is a subject near and dear to my heart! My daughter and nieces love nothing more than to shop in New York City. I highly recommend Macy%26#39;s Juniors department. It offers the big New York Department Store experience with a massive juniors department but the prices are much more reasonable than much of the competition. Great brands and, when sales are on, which they will be after Christmas, the prices are better than outlets, imho. Terrific shoe department for teens and wonderful make up counters. A teen could spend a full day in this store! Other great shopping venues are the Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th Avenue. They frequently have their male models posing near the entrance. Again, after Christmas sales should make this a reasonable alternative. If your daughters just have to shop at Barneys, Saks or Bloomingdales, go for the make up. The clothes can be quite expensive but the makeup tends to be priced similarly to ohter stores. Discount shopping can include H and M, Daffy%26#39;s and Century 21. I find that it is hit or miss at these stores but when it is a hit, it is usually a big hit! Great for accessories.

For make up, I prefer Sephora in Times Square. My daughter likes the make up at Ricky%26#39;s Cosmetics (near 39th on Broadway and other stores in the City). Ricky%26#39;s is really better for fun, funky accessories.

Canal Street is just too much fun. Every kind of accessory may be purchased at a low price. While knock off designer handbags have been the draw to this area, my teen likes the interesting jewelry, the beaded bags, interesting scarves and hair ';jewelry';. Afterwords we like to head to Little Italy for lunch or dinner. I know Little Italy is not popular on this site, but it offers good, reasonably priced Italian food. You will be surrounded by other tourists but who cares! Its fun!

Again, you are coming after Christmas and I think you and your girls will be thrilled with the sales on clothing and other items. It will be a shoppers paradise! For you, Mom, I suggest a break at the Morell Wine Bar next to the Rockefeller Center skating rink. While your girls enjoy skating on the rink, you can enjoy a good glass of Cabernet! Have a great time! Moms

Shopping tips for my 3 teenage daughters!!

Moms is right! See this post and all the subposts about teen stuff to do.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k678191-鈥?/a> New_York_City_New_York.html


Thanks for advice folks,

Now that I have a list of places to start off with hopefully that will give my girls more of an incentive to save harder! So is it not worth our while trekking to an outlet mall or should we still try and go to one?

Thanks

Mary


I wouldn%26#39;t waste the time going to an outlet mall. I%26#39;ve taken my teenage daughters to NYC a few times and with 5th Ave., Soho, Century 21(go early and full of energy), Canal St.,, and souvenier shops along Times Square, there are plenty of opportunities there. If you get a chance to go to the MET , make time for their wonderful gift shop. My daughters also loved Sephora, just a few blocks from where you are staying. The Marquis is a pretty hotel and you can walk to Rockefeller Center and 5 th Ave. from there. Also, across the street at the Visitors Center is free internet access if they need to check or send e-mail!


At Macy%26#39;s and Bloomingdales, go to the customer service desk BEFORE you start shopping and you%26#39;ll get a card for an add%26#39;l 11% discount. ;)

There are discount stores listed here from NY Magazine (designer duds for less) and also info on the outlet malls.

nymetro.com/cheap


i would recommed woodbury common so cheap stuff we cant get back home at really cheap prices. ive going to new york next month for my 3rd visit and will making my 3rd trip to woodbury common. theres over 220 stores all amazing prices.


Canal Street is a must! And just a few blocks away is Little Italy for a great lunch. And Century 21 too. Shes right...go early to Century 21. You may find great shopping or you may strike out. I usually find something that makes the trip worthwhile.

I%26#39;m having NYC withdrawls. I need to shop! Have fun!


My teenaged niece loved Pearl River Mart, Girl Props and Kate%26#39;s Paperie

http://www.pearlriver.com

http://www.girlprops.com

http://www.katespaperie.com


Beleive me-your girls will know where to go when they see it ! NYC is shopper heaven and the 拢 to $ ratio means you just cant leave the stuff on the shelves. Macy%26#39;s alone has 9 floors (i think) and when you go there make straight for customer service and collect your international shopper discount card which gives you an extra 11% off, can you beleive it ?-you wwill need to produce your passport..


CockleCove: Love your recommendations. I have not taken my daughter to Girl Props or Pearl River but I can see these would be teen favorites. We are going to visit these stores soon. Thanks for the recommendations.

Again, Holmes222, Macy%26#39;s Herald Square is the place to take a teen for that New York City Department Store experience at a reasonable price. The Junior%26#39;s Department is massive, great dresses, jeans, sweats and everything in between!

Moms

  • deleted myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment